Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2006
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2006
- Grader for Professor George Lefcoe, the Ervin and Florine Yoder Chair in Real Estate Law
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program, Executive Committee Topic Editor
B.A., magna cum laude, San Francisco State University, 2002
Alexis R. Alonzo joined the firm in 2006 and is a partner in the firm’s real estate department. Ms. Alonzo’s practice focuses on complex real estate transactions, including representing institutional investors, developers and public and private homebuilders in the acquisition, disposition and financing of land for residential development and office, industrial, retail, hotel and other commercial real estate assets.
Ms. Alonzo has significant experience representing some of the country’s preeminent land bankers in their acquisition, financing and sales of residential housing lots. She represents top homebuilders and residential lot developers in both the acquisition and the sale of neighborhoods and lots located within residential communities throughout the United States. Further, Ms. Alonzo’s practice includes negotiating and drafting joint venture agreements, development management agreements and property management agreements for various types of assets.
Ms. Alonzo also has prior experience as in-house counsel, having worked as general counsel of a privately held commercial real estate company and as an in-house counsel secondee for a large institutional investor.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Alonzo has been named a Super Lawyers' Southern California Rising Star in 2014, 2015 and 2016. Additionally, she was awarded the 2013 Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
Ms. Alonzo’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of a joint venture between an institutional real estate investor and a land banker in the acquisition, funding and development of more than $275,000,000 worth of residential land and condominiums.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the formation of multiple joint ventures focused on the acquisition of land for residential development throughout the United States, and representation of the joint venture in the corresponding land and entity acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of a public homebuilder in the acquisition of land for entitlement, development and construction throughout Northern California.
- Representation of a privately-held commercial real estate company in the formation of a multi-tier joint venture to acquire parking properties throughout the Southeastern United States and representation of the joint venture in acquiring and financing parking properties.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the sales of retail properties within a client’s mixed-use office, hotel and retail development in Orange County, California.
- Coordinated all aspects of real estate due diligence review for the acquisition of a $1.1 billion portfolio of industrial warehouses located in the central United States.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- California Centers, Issue No. 96, May 1, 2011