Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2002
J.D., University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 2002
- Publishing Editor of the California Law Review
B.A., St. John’s College, Annapolis, MD, 1999
Michael Soejoto is a partner and heads the firm’s tax department. Mr. Soejoto’s practice focuses on the federal income tax aspects of real estate transactions and real estate-related investments, with an emphasis on structuring matters related to partnership formation and work-outs, and advising and structuring transactions for real estate investment trusts (REITs) and tax-exempt investors. Mr. Soejoto represents private equity and hedge funds, real estate investment trusts (REITs), private and institutional investors, and owners and developers of commercial real estate properties.
Mr. Soejoto also advises clients on California real property and documentary transfer tax issues.
In addition to tax related work, Mr. Soejoto’s practice includes the negotiation, structuring and drafting of complex joint-venture agreements, and the negotiation and structuring of operating companies that serve as investment advisors and general partners of private equity funds.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Strategies for Mitigating Legal, Operational and Tax RisksApril 22, 2015
- Business Entities (November/December 2013), November 1, 2013
- Five JV Calculation Issues That Are Often Overlooked and MisunderstoodLos Angeles County Bar Association, Los Angeles, CA, January 26, 2012
- California Real Estate Journal, April 5, 2010
- February 3, 2010
- September 18, 2009