The firm's lawyers are involved with clients' projects from inception to completion of construction and issuance of certificates of occupancy. Pircher's Land Use practice extends to all manner of land use entitlements, due diligence investigations, Brownfield developments, compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the federal and state Endangered Species Acts, structuring agreements allocating responsibility for entitlements and CEQA/NEPA compliance, and representing clients in actions challenging lead agencies' decisions on entitlements and CEQA compliance. Pircher's lawyers have represented developers, investors, lenders, major retailers, property owners, landlords, tenants and public agencies involved in every facet of the entitlement/CEQA process. Major projects include urban core high-density residential centers, condominium/retail mixed-use developments, master-planned residential communities, retail shopping centers, high-rise urban office buildings, hotels and resorts, public high schools and churches. Many of these projects have resulted from the Brownfields redevelopment of former landfills, manufacturing facilities, public buildings, closed or obsolete shopping malls, industrial warehouses, and other underutilized and formerly contaminated sites.
The firm’s Land Use practice includes:
- Entitlement Applications and Administrative Hearings for CUPs, Zoning, Planned Development Districts, Community Development Districts, Variances, Site Plans, Design Review and Modifications.
- General and Specific Plan Adoptions and Amendments.
- Redevelopment Plan Adoptions and Amendments.
- Owner Participation Agreements and Disposition and Developments Agreements.
- CEQA and NEPA Compliance and Litigation.
- Land Use Litigation.
- Tentative and Final Subdivision Maps.
- Parcel Maps.
- Lot Line Adjustments.
- Affordable Housing/Density Bonuses.
- Brownfield Development.
- Urban Core Infill and Redevelopment.
- Architectural and Design Review.
- Endangered Species Act Compliance and Permitting.
- Public/Private Partnerships.
- Land Use and CEQA/NEPA Due Diligence.
- Structuring Land Use and CEQA/NEPA Compliance Terms.