| Tax planning is essential to most real estate transactions. Our tax and real estate practice groups work in tandem to provide sophisticated legal expertise in specialized areas, such as
- Partnerships, LLCs, REITs, REMICs and Other Pass-Through Entities
- Investments by Tax-Exempt Entities/UBTI Matters
- Tax-Deferred Exchanges
- Leasing and Financing Transactions
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Restructurings
- Property Taxes and Transfer Taxes
In addition, our tax lawyers are regularly consulted to structure the investment entity of a particular client; and to advise clients on the characterization and treatment of various aspects of a transaction under federal and state tax laws.