- Judicial clerk for the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder, Circuit Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Judicial clerk for the Honorable John M. Rogers, Circuit Judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 2003
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2001
- Editor for the Notre Dame Law Review
M.A., Teaching, George Fox University, 1995
B.M., Music, magna cum laude, Biola University, 1991
Aaron Potter, P.C. is a partner in the firm’s real estate department of the Chicago office. Mr. Potter concentrates his practice on construction and development projects. He advises clients regarding an array of matters, including insurance placement and coverage issues, and negotiates agreements with designers, consultants, contractors, and developers. He has experience with a variety of project and contract types.
The following is a representative list of Mr. Potter's projects:
- Ground-up construction of a hotel at Times Square in New York City, including negotiation of complex license agreements with adjacent neighbors
- Major renovation of an iconic Chicago landmark building
- Conversion of a historic Boston office building into a luxury hotel
- Design and construction of hotels in downtown Chicago and Washington, D.C.
- Design and construction of major renovations and new buildings at a shopping mall in South Carolina
- Construction of a student housing complex in Minneapolis
- Design-build of a parking facility, as part of a multi-phase museum project in Los Angeles
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Chicago, IL, November 9, 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations
Mr. Potter is a member of the American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry and the Illinois State Bar Association’s Section on Construction Law, and has participated on an editorial board for revising industry form agreements for the American Institute of Architects.