Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2000
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2000
- Senior Editor of the Southern California Law Review
B.A., Economics, University of California at Berkeley
Alex P. Jacobs is a partner in the firm’s real estate department. Mr. Jacobs’ practice focuses on sophisticated real estate transactions, including the representation of private and institutional investors, and owners and developers in connection with the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of commercial real estate properties. Mr. Jacobs’ practice also emphasizes the negotiation and structuring of complex joint-venture agreements.
Mr. Jacobs’ experience includes a wide range of asset types, including land for residential development, retail properties, office buildings and hospitality projects. Mr. Jacobs has a practice emphasis in the hospitality industry and has effectively negotiated hotel management agreements with national brands and boutique operators for hotels across the country.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Jacobs has been named a Super Lawyers’ Southern California Rising Star in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Named to "Who's Who in Real Estate" by Los Angeles Business Journal (2013).
Representation of a publicly traded, international data center operator in the acquisition of its $3.6 billion data center portfolio.
- Representation of a start-up hotel development and management company, starting with its first acquisition and counseling the company through the ownership, financing, equity capitalization, development and management of several hotel properties throughout the United States
- Representation of public homebuilder in the acquisition of more than $250 million in land for entitlement and residential development. In addition to the acquisition of land, transactions have involved the negotiation of profit participation agreements, option agreements, and development agreements
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of a luxury resort hotel with an anticipated development budget of more than $200 million
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the formation of numerous joint ventures with varied homebuilders focused on the acquisition of for residential development throughout the United States with an aggregate, capital investment of $800 million
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the ground lease, development, construction, financing and sale of a 400+ unit student housing and retail property
- Representation of land developer in the acquisition of an 800-acre master-planned community approved for more than 1,400 homes
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the acquisition and financing of a $100+ million office portfolio. In addition to the acquisition and financing, the deal involved the negotiation of a joint venture agreement and property management agreements
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the acquisition and financing of a $100+ million portfolio of apartment buildings consisting of approximately 2,322 units. In addition to the acquisition and financing, the deal involved the negotiation of a joint venture agreement and property management agreements
Professional & Community Affiliations
State Bar of California, Member since 2000