Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2006
J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 2006
- Grader for Professor George Lefcoe, the Ervin and Florine Yoder Chair in Real Estate Law
- Hale Moot Court Honors Program, Executive Committee Topic Editor
B.A., magna cum laude, San Francisco State University, 2002
Alexis R. Alonzo joined the firm in 2006 and is a partner in the firm’s real estate department. Ms. Alonzo’s practice focuses on complex real estate transactions, including representing institutional investors, real estate funds, opportunity funds and public and private homebuilders in real estate joint ventures, as well as the acquisition, disposition and financing of all classes of commercial real estate.
Ms. Alonzo has represented both borrowers and lenders in a number of mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions, including construction loans and revolving line of credit facilities.
Ms. Alonzo also represents some of the country’s preeminent land bankers in their acquisition, financing and sales of residential housing lots. She represents top homebuilders and residential lot developers in both the acquisition and the sale of neighborhoods and lots located within residential communities throughout the United States.
Further, Ms. Alonzo’s practice includes negotiating and drafting joint venture agreements, development management agreements and property management agreements for various types of assets.
Ms. Alonzo has prior experience as in-house counsel, having worked as general counsel of a privately held commercial real estate company and as an in-house counsel secondee for a large institutional investor.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Alonzo has been named a Super Lawyers' Southern California Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Additionally, she was awarded the 2013 Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
Ms. Alonzo’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with a $260,000,000 loan secured by eight grocery warehouse properties located in five states in the United States.
- Representation of a joint venture in obtaining a revolving line of credit facility for client’s land banking platform.
- Representation of a platform joint venture in the acquisition and financing of numerous student housing apartment complexes located throughout the United States.
- Representation of a joint venture between an institutional real estate investor and a land banker in the acquisition, funding and development of more than $275,000,000 worth of residential land.
- Representation of a private debt lender in the origination of a $70,000,000 construction loan to finance two Los Angeles condominium developments.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the formation of multiple joint ventures focused on the acquisition of land for residential development throughout the United States, and representation of the joint venture in the corresponding land and entity acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of a public homebuilder in the acquisition of land for entitlement, development and construction throughout Northern California.
- Representation of a privately held commercial real estate company in the formation of a multi tier joint venture to acquire parking properties throughout the Southeastern United States and representation of the joint venture in acquiring and financing parking properties.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the sales of retail properties within a client’s mixed-use office, hotel and retail development in Orange County, California.
- Coordinated all aspects of real estate due diligence review for the acquisition of a $1.1 billion portfolio of industrial warehouses located in the central United States.
- June 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- Pircher Completes Sixth Annual Joint Venture Challenge for Law and Business Students of UCLA, USC and UC Berkeley
- Super Lawyers
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- California Centers, Issue No. 96, May 1, 2011