Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 1974
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University School of Law
- Managing editor of the Law Review
B.A., Rutgers University, 1969
I. Bruce Speiser is a retired partner with the firm, who presently serves as a Senior Counsel and the firm's General Counsel. He joined the firm in 1997, after having been a partner in a large international law firm.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Speiser regularly gives presentations to client groups and has appeared as a speaker on various continuing education programs.
Martindale Hubbell, through its peer review process, has awarded Mr. Speiser its highest designation, AV Preeminent.
Mr. Speiser regularly assists the firm's partners in counseling clients on real estate issues, particularly relating to loan securitization structures, anti-deficiency laws, and remedial issues, and is a resource to in-house counsel of the firm’s clients in connection with operational protocols.
Mr. Speiser’s representative matters have included:
- Representation of parties, including capital funds, in connection with the acquisition of hospitality properties through sales conducted in the United States Bankruptcy Court or as a result of foreclosure;
- Representation of secured creditors regarding remedial issues upon events of default under loan obligations, including strategies in bankruptcy and receivership cases;
- Counseling and defending managing members of limited liability companies, and general partners of partnerships, against claims of alleged mismanagement and breach of duty; and
- Assisting numerous institutional real estate investors and capital funds in the financing of commercial and hospitality properties.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- BNA, Inc. Real Estate Law & Industry, July 28, 2009
- Seller Inadvertently Voids Sale Contract by Reserving Right to Waive California Subdivision Map ApprovalFebruary 2, 2007
- California Center – May 2004, May 1, 2004