Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 1985
J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1985
B.A., with high honors, DePaul University, College of Commerce, 1981
David Pezza, P.C. is a partner in the firm’s real estate department of the Chicago office. Mr. Pezza’s practice focuses on sophisticated real estate transactions, including the representation of private and institutional investors, and owners and developers in connection with the acquisition, disposition, development and financing of commercial real estate properties. He has also been involved in the negotiation and structuring of joint-venture agreements with respect to the various transactions he has been involved in.
Mr. Pezza’s experience includes a wide range of asset types, including mixed use projects, land for development, retail properties, office buildings and hospitality projects.
Mr. Pezza has had significant experience in:
- Real Estate Development
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Loan Workouts
- Ground Leases
- Economic incentives
Mr. Pezza’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of the purchaser/owner of seven regional shopping centers having a value in excess of $1 billion and continuing in the leasing and management of those and additional shopping centers across the United States
- Representation of the purchase of an over 100 property loan portfolio having an outstanding loan balance in excess of $4.5 billion, including all real estate related matters associated with such purchase and issues arising thereafter
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the acquisition, financing and operation of five first class hotels valued at more than $600 million
- Representation of the joint venture comprising Centennial Real Estate Co., Montgomery Street Partners, USAA Real Estate Co. and Westfield America for a $100 million refinance of the 1.4 million-square-foot Fox Valley Mall located in Aurora, Illinois.
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the formation of a development program with an international manufacturer for the development and construction of a dozen major manufacturing facilities in the United States and Canada
- Representation of the developer of a Casino, including development and construction agreements and assistance in the licensing process
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in a major mixed use development, including the ground lease and land acquisition, 150,000-square-foot office lease, 33,000-square-foot health and fitness facility lease, $65 million financing, $20 million tax increment financing, numerous retail leases and the development and sale of a hotel pad site.
- PNM Partner Dave Pezza Moderates at Bisnow’s Chicago Student Housing and University Development Event
- PNM Partner Dave Pezza Moderates Two Panels at Bisnow’s Ninth Annual Chicago State of the Market Event
- Pircher, Nichols & Meeks Represents Buyer Joint Venture in $1.1 Billion Acquisition of Five Westfield Regional Malls
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- PNM Partner Dave Pezza Moderates at Bisnow’s Chicago Student Housing and University Development EventChicago, IL, March 2018
- Chicago, IL, February 2018
- February 14, 2013
Professional & Community Affiliations
Mr. Pezza is a member of the American Bar Association and the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). He is a member of the Advisory Boards of both the Marshall Bennett Institute of Real Estate at Roosevelt University in Chicago Illinois, where he was previously an instructor; and the Citizen’s Advocacy Center, a non-profit organization grounded in strengthening the public’s capacities, resources and institutions for democratic government. Mr. Pezza has been Bisnow’s retail panel moderator in Chicago for the past three years. He earned his certificate as a Certified Public Accountant in 1981. Mr. Pezza has been a licensed real estate broker in Illinois since 1985.