Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 1987
J.D., University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, 1987
- Received the American Jurisprudence awards in Torts and Criminal Law
B.A., magna cum laude, University of California at Los Angeles, 1984
Phi Beta Kappa, 1984
John H. Irons joined Pircher, Nichols & Meeks in 1990. He is a partner in the firm’s real estate department and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Mr. Irons’ practice focuses on real estate acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financing, secured debt, restructuring and workouts, as well as other complex real estate-related matters.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Irons holds the highest peer review rating available, the “AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated” rating, from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Irons was selected as a Super Lawyers' Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Los Angeles for 2016–2021.
Mr. Irons was also selected by Best Lawyers for 2018–2021.
Mr. Irons was also selected as the sole California attorney to be featured in the 2019 Real Estate Law Experts directory.
Mr. Irons was also selected as a BTI Client Service All-Star in 2013.
The clients Mr. Irons has represented include: AIG Global Real Estate, Atherton-Newport Investments LLC, Blackstone Real Estate Advisors, CarrAmerica, Colony Advisors, Countrywide Home Loans, Credit Suisse First Boston, Equity Office Properties, Farallon Capital Management, L.L.C., Hilton Worldwide, Inc., IndCor Properties Inc., ING Barings, JMB Realty Corporation, LivCor LLC, Northwood Investors LLC, Och-Ziff Real Estate, Playa Capital Company, and Secured Capital Corp.
Mr. Irons’ representative transactions include:
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in connection with the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of a 31-property, 59-building, approximately 4.5-million-square-foot office portfolio in Southern California
- Representation of a joint venture comprised of multiple institutional investors in connection with its acquisition, financing, development and sale of the approximately 1,100-acre Playa Vista master-planned mixed use community in Los Angeles
- Representation of a private real estate syndicator in its acquisition, development, financing and management of an approximately $850,000,000 portfolio of multi-family projects located throughout the United States
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in the acquisition, financing and recapitalization of three real estate investment trusts (REITs) holding 17.7 million square feet of Class A industrial properties in 11 states
- Representation of an institutional investor and its affiliates in the sale of a 17-building San Diego office portfolio totaling 2.1 million square feet to an institutional real estate investor
- August 2021
- August 2019
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- March 25, 2010
- California Real Estate Journal, February 13, 2008
Professional & Community Affiliations
State Bar of California, Real Estate Section, Member