Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 1990
J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1990
B.A., with honors, Stanford University, 1987
Michael J. McKeever, P.C. is a partner in the firm’s real estate department of the Chicago office. He joined the firm in 1993. Mr. McKeever’s practice focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate, including joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financings and workouts.
Honors & Awards
Since 2010, Mr. McKeever has been included in the Best Lawyers in America in the practice of Real Estate Law.
The clients he has represented include Walton Street Capital, Mesa West Capital, Commonfund Realty Investors, Oaktree Capital Management, Zeller Realty Group, JMB Realty Corporation, and Waterton Associates.
Mr. McKeever’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the acquisition and joint venture of a mixed use development project. In addition to the acquisition and joint venture, Mr. McKeever represented the joint venture in multiple construction loans for the different portions of the project and the sale of certain portions of the project
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in connection with the acquisition of the debt secured by an office park
- Representation of institutional investors in the initial leasing of newly constructed office buildings
- Representation of institutional investor in the formation of numerous joint ventures with operating partners for the acquisition of office buildings, shopping centers, multi-family apartment projects and hotels throughout the United States
- Representation of portfolio lender in connection with financing of office buildings, shopping centers, multi-family apartment projects and industrial properties throughout the United States
- Representation of institutional real estate investor in the acquisition financing of a landmark building in Times Square and the construction financing of a new hotel in Times Square
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- February 12, 2010