Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2011
J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2011
- Received the 2011 Burton Marks Memorial Award
- 2010 Recipient of the David Mellinkoff Scholarship
- Served as the elected student body representative to the Dean Selection Committee
B.A., Government and History, magna cum laude, Claremont McKenna College, 2008
Michael A. Seiden joined the firm in 2011 and is an associate in the firm’s real estate department. Mr. Seiden represents institutional investors, developers, homebuilders, publicly traded corporations and lenders in connection with complex real estate transactions, with an emphasis on acquisitions, dispositions, financings, management and development. His experience includes a wide range of asset types, including office buildings, shopping centers, apartment complexes, industrial parks, data centers, hospitality projects, high-end residential properties and land for residential development. Mr. Seiden’s practice also includes the negotiation and structuring of joint-venture agreements.
Mr. Seiden was named as a Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Star in 2018. He also currently serves as the chair of the firm’s Associates Committee.
- Representation of a private debt fund in connection with a $270 million acquisition loan for an office park in California.
- Representation of an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord in connection with a $500 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 8 grocery warehouse properties located in five states in the United States.
- Representation of a private debt fund in connection with the $240 million financing of an office tower in Northern California.
- Representation of a publicly traded data center operator in the acquisition of an $800 million data center in Texas.
- Representation of a publicly traded data center operator in the acquisition of its $3.6 billion data center portfolio.
- Representation of an institutional investor in its acquisition, financing and management of a $175 million multi-state commercial real estate portfolio.
- Representation of public homebuilder in the acquisition of more than $100 million in land for entitlement and residential development.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the financing and recapitalization of a luxury resort hotel with an anticipated development budget of more than $200 million.
- Representation of an institutional investor and its affiliates in connection with the sale of a $500 million Los Angeles office park.
- Representation of an institutional investor in the acquisition and financing of a 22-building mixed-use property in Nevada for approximately $350 million.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Commercial Property Executive, June 7, 2017