Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 1999
J.D., University of Southern California School of Law, 1999
B.A., University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), 1995
Bill Ticknor is a partner in the firm’s real estate department. His practice is concentrated in the area of real estate acquisitions, dispositions and finance, including the negotiation of single and multi-asset portfolios, traditional acquisition and construction loans, refinancings, loan assumptions, defeasances and workouts as well as syndicated, participating and securitized loans, mezzanine financings and preferred equity.
Mr. Ticknor joined Pircher, Nichols & Meeks in 1999 serving as counsel to real estate funds, developers, high net worth individuals and institutional and non-institutional investors. His experience covers a wide range of commercial properties, including industrial buildings, luxury hotels and resorts, commercial office buildings, shopping centers, parking garages, self-storage facilities, student housing, and multi-family apartments ranging from single, trophy assets to multi-asset and whole-company transactions.
Bill also serves as a member of the Recruiting Committee and is involved in firm recruiting efforts both on and off campus.
Mr. Ticknor holds the highest peer review rating available, the “AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated” rating, from Martindale-Hubbell.
He received his J.D. from the University of Southern California, School of Law, and a B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles. Bill is admitted to practice in the State of California.
The clients Mr. Ticknor has represented include: Blackstone Real Estate Advisors (including EQ Office, LivCor and ShopCore Properties), AIG Global Real Estate, Walton Street Capital, GEM Realty Capital, Farallon Capital Management, RW Selby and Redcar Properties.
Mr. Ticknor’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in its acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 39 industrial properties totaling approximately 6 million square feet, located in key logistics markets in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Harrisburg, Houston and Orlando. The loans were structured as mortgage and mezzanine level debt with a revolving credit facility component.
- Representation of a local developer in the acquisition and construction financing of a 71,776 square foot creative space building including office and retail in Santa Monica, California.
- Representation of a private real estate syndicator in its acquisition, development, financing and management of an approximately $850,000,000 portfolio of multi-family projects located throughout the United States.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in its financing of a 347 room luxury hotel located in Santa Monica, California.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in its acquisition and financing of a trophy asset shopping center which included a retail complex with office space and a parking garage located in Pasadena, California.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in its financing of an institutional quality portfolio of eight office properties totaling approximately 2.1 million square feet, located throughout Orange County California’s Greater Airport Area submarket.
- Representation of an institutional real estate investor in its acquisition and financing of a portfolio of office buildings totaling 426,863 square feet and a tenancy in common interest in a 1,594 stall parking structure located in California.