Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1998
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1998
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Harry Pregerson, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit (Summer 1996)
B.A., summa cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles, 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa
Aimee Contreras-Camua joined Pircher, Nichols & Meeks in 2018 and is a partner in the firm's real estate department. Ms. Contreras-Camua's practice focuses on sophisticated real estate transactions, including mortgage and mezzanine financing, acquisitions and dispositions of single assets, equity interests and portfolio transactions, mortgage origination for commercial mortgage-backed securitization programs, sale-leasebacks, joint ventures and leasing. She has extensive experience in representing institutional lenders, real estate funds, opportunity funds, investment banks, life insurance companies, major residential developers and other real estate investors in a broad range of real estate transactions. The real estate assets covered include full-service resorts, industrial facilities, office buildings, retail, multifamily and mixed-use projects.
Honors & Awards
Recipient of the Southern California Diversity and Leadership Council 2016 Multicultural Leadership Award.
Recipient of the Los Angeles County Bar Association 2006 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Real Property Section.
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with the sale of a large portfolio of net-leased real estate assets for approximately $950 million.*
- Representation of a large concrete manufacturing company, as seller/tenant, in connection with a $220 million sale-leaseback transaction involving 51 manufacturing/industrial warehouse properties located in 22 states in the United States and in 2 provinces in Canada.*
- Representation of an opportunity fund, as buyer/landlord, in connection with a sale-leaseback transaction involving 283 properties located in 26 states. The total purchase price was $570 million. This transaction included a sale at closing of approximately half of the sites to a third party for approximately $350 million.*
- Representation of an opportunity fund, as purchaser, in connection with the acquisition of over 50 dark grocery stores out of bankruptcy.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with an aggregate $1.3 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by portfolio of 154 hotel properties in 32 states and in the CMBS standalone securitization of the $775 million mortgage loan component of the financing.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with an agented securitization transaction consisting of ten mortgage loans totaling approximately $875 million secured by 10 Class A office properties located in southern California.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in the origination of an aggregate $503 million mortgage and mezzanine financing secured directly and indirectly by 261 restaurant properties in 34 states.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in the acquisition and modification of $175 million mezzanine financing secured by a pledge of equity interests in a company owning a first-class office building in Arlington, Virginia, including negotiation of an intercreditor agreement with the first mortgage lender and the junior subordinate mezzanine lender.*
*Representations occurred prior to attorney's affiliation with Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP.
Professional & Community Affiliations
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Real Property Committee, Co-Chair (2017-Present)
Asian Americans Advancing Justice Los Angeles, Executive Advisory Council (2013-Present)
Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance, Board of Governors (2010-Present)
Philippine American Bar Association, Lifetime Member
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
American Bar Association, Member