Bar and Court Admissions
- California, 2006
J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2006
- Articles Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
B.A., University of Michigan, 2003
- Psi Chi: National Honor Society in Psychology, Member
Courtney K. Rangen joined Pircher, Nichols & Meeks in 2018 and is a partner in the firm's real estate department. Ms. Rangen’s practice focuses on complex real estate mortgage and mezzanine financing, joint venture, purchase and sale of single assets, multi-property portfolios and equity interests, sale-leaseback and lease transactions. She has substantial experience representing institutional lenders, real estate funds, opportunity funds, life insurance companies, investment banks and other real estate investors in a broad range of transactions. She also has extensive experience representing sellers, buyers, lenders and borrowers in transactions involving non-performing mortgage loans and REOs, as well as single- family rental transactions.
Honors & Awards
Named to Who’s Who Legal: Real Estate guide in 2016.
- Representation of an opportunity fund as the purchaser/landlord/borrower in connection with a $348,000,000 sale-leaseback transaction and related mortgage loan acquisition financing involving twelve retail locations across ten states in the United States.
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with the purchase and financing of 33 net leased properties, representing a variety of asset classes, located across the United States and Canada for a purchase price of approximately $1,500,000,000.
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with the refinance of 39 net leased properties across the United States for an aggregate loan amount of $40,000,000.
- Representation of a lender in connection with a $40,000,000 loan secured by a non-owner-occupied residential property in Southern California and related workout and foreclosure transactions.
- Representation of a school in connection with its acquisition and development transactions in Los Angeles, California.
- Representation of the lender in connection with a $475 million securitized loan secured by a portfolio of residential homes located in five states. The transaction was the first REO-to-Rental securitization.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with an aggregate $1.3 billion mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by a portfolio of 154 hotel properties in 32 states and CMBS stand-alone securitization of the $775 million mortgage loan component of the financing.*
- Representation of the purchaser in connection with the acquisition of numerous portfolios of non-performing mortgage loans and REOs ranging in price from $25 million to $150 million.*
- Representation of the buyer/landlord in connection with a sale-leaseback of the corporate headquarters campus for a financial services company in Hopewell, NJ, which has been described in the press as the largest office acquisition deal in New Jersey history.*
- Representation of an opportunity fund as purchaser/landlord in connection with an approximately $70 million sale-leaseback of 72 restaurants located in various states.*
- Representation of an opportunity fund in a sale-leaseback transaction involving 71 properties across eight states for a purchase price of $720 million, as well as acquisition mortgage financing for $450 million.*
- Representation of an opportunity fund in connection with the sale of a large portfolio of net-leased real estate assets for approximately $950 million.*
- Representation of the lender in a complex $138 million construction loan to finance the development of a vacation resort property in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in connection with a $75 million mortgage loan secured by a large retail center in Nevada.*
- Representation of a large institutional lender in the origination of an aggregate $503 million mortgage and mezzanine financing secured directly and indirectly by 261 restaurant properties in 34 states.*
*Representations occurred prior to attorney's affiliation with Pircher, Nichols & Meeks LLP.
- February 2020
- Fall 2018
Professional & Community Affiliations
National Association of Women Lawyers Real Estate Affinity Group, Co-chair
2017 and 2018 National Association of Women Lawyers Annual Meeting, Planning Committee
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member