Bar and Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2003
- California, 2002
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2002
- B.S. in Business Administration/ Accounting, California State University, Stanislaus, 1996
Elidia Dostal is a consulting attorney in the Los Angeles office. Her practice focuses on environmental law, with an emphasis on hazardous materials compliance, site cleanup, and land use.
Ms. Dostal has over fifteen years of experience handling complex environmental matters before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including site cleanup, environmental compliance, and real estate transactions, as well as toxic tort and land use litigation. Ms. Dostal works closely with clients and technical experts in transactional, administrative, and litigation matters to draft real estate documents, agency submissions, expert reports, and declarations that clearly convey complex technical issues, meet regulatory and legal requirements, and are sensitive to tribal and other community stakeholders’ concerns. As a former accountant and tax auditor and former associate general counsel (secondment) to the San Diego Padres, Ms. Dostal has a distinct perspective that helps her clients achieve their business goals with an eye toward avoiding future liabilities.
Representative matters include:
- Real Estate Diligence – Advise clients on environmental matters in real estate transactions, including Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and compliance with federal, state and local permitting requirements for hazardous materials.
- Remediation Sites – Represent clients at remediation sites, draft and negotiate multiparty agreements with agencies, consultants, and landowners. Draft and review submissions to federal, state, and local environmental regulatory agencies.
- Environmental Compliance - Advise property owners and hazardous materials generators on compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including permitting, reporting, and recordkeeping under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and OSHA. Advise clients on underground storage tank permitting and reporting requirements.
- Land Use – Secure entitlements for commercial and residential developments, defend client approvals in federal and state NEPA and CEQA litigation.